Server & Network Systems Administrator
Univeristy of West Florida - Pensacola Campus
The Center for Cybersecurity at The University of West Florida invites applications for the position of a Server & Network Systems Administrator. The successful candidate will work closely with Computer Science faculty, Information Technology Services, and Cybersecurity researchers, instructors, and students in a diverse heterogeneous information technology environment where information technology meets cybersecurity. Preferred qualifications include:
- Bachelor in an IT related field or an AA and significant professional experience in IT.
- Strong experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware VSphere, VMware Workstation.
- Strong familiarity with network technologies including Cisco and HP routers, layer-2 and layer-3 switches, routing protocols and configurations.
- Experience with Windows and Linux server technologies and development of secure infrastructure and hardening of systems. Experience with Hadoop clusters is a plus.
- Strong hardware and software troubleshooting skills and knowledge of industry security standards and audits.
- Familiarity with responsible reporting practices and enforcing comprehensive security plans (e.g., physical access, network layer security, systems security, application security).
- Experience with prior work in a heavily diverse, heterogeneous environment is required.
- Industry certifications such as CCNA, CCENT, MTA, MCP, Security +, are a plus.
Apply online at https://jobs.uwf.edu
Applicants should be prepared to attach a cover letter and resume to the online application. Salary is commensurate with experience. The University of West Florida (UWF) is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action employer. A criminal background check is required for the successful candidate. Pursuant to provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, any person requiring special accommodations to apply is requested to advise UWF by contacting the UWF Human Resources Department at 1-850-474-2694 (Voice) or 1-850-857-6114 (TTY).
For the complete announcement and position description, including qualifications and experience, please see our website: https://jobs.uwf.edu. The position closing date is October 15, 2014. Position ID 121080.
Come and see some of the most beautiful beaches in the world at Perdido Key and Pensacola Beach, where blue skies, emerald-green water and swaying sea oats provide the perfect backdrop for your Florida vacation.
In downtown Pensacola, we have over 450 years of history to share. Stroll from our downtown plaza honoring Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. to Plaza de Luna with its sweeping views of Pensacola Bay.
From the beaches and Bay Area attractions to dining and nightlife, the Pensacola area has something for every interest.