SUPER STAR SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
VetCV provides a secure vault (Web App) where our Nation’s heroes can regain control of life events. This solution will provide the ability for Veterans to track and rate their interactions with the VA and other providers. The aggregate data collected from these interactions will provide the Veterans a collective voice backed up by empirical evidence. VetCV provides Veterans and caregivers the ability to update, access, and share their vital information from anywhere at any time. It is the personal account for all the most important things for the next steps in life: career, education, medical support, reintegration, and employment.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Are you interested in beginning a journey (one you may not return from unscathed) full of innovation, adventure, fun, and excitement…with some intermittent intense strategic discussion? Does advanced artificial intelligence, predictive analytics, and adaptive supercomputing get your juices flowing? Do you want to put your pin on the map of history? Are you interested in improving lives, giving heroes their power back, and REALLY making a difference? If this sounds like a mission you choose to accept, come join us at VetCV where your input will directly impact the success of the company and the lives of many. This is your opportunity to do irreplaceable work on a unique problem alongside other super heroes. Come be phenomenal and let the VetCV story unveil to be part of your legacy.
The Senior Software Developer is responsible for the design, development, and implementation of software packages with a web interface. Conduct system-wide test, provide customer and user technical support and monitor system performance to ensure that software programs are operating optimally to meet user and business needs. Troubleshoots debugs and implements software code. This position reports to the COO.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION/COMPETENCIES:
Solution Development and Delivery
- Ability to create efficient and logical databases
- Designs and codes superior technical solutions
- Ability to recognize system deficiencies and implements effective solutions
- Understands and adheres to coding standards defined by technical management
- Consistently delivers high-quality services to clients.
- Demonstrates knowledge of complex database concepts as well as the implications of different database designs.
- Effectively employs many different database design techniques
- Demonstrates excellent skills and working knowledge of the following:
- C# (specifically ASP.Net 3, 3.5, and 4)
- MVC 1-4
- Visual Studio
- Exhibits proficiency in the understanding of the benefits of the various programming languages
- Possesses significant knowledge of client server and Internet systems architectures
- Creates well-designed, reusable objects
- Understands the benefits of the various design methodologies, design patterns, and object-oriented environments
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions with project management
- Understands expectations that were set with client and recognizes when issues/events may affect delivery
- Assist with developing and managing the security designs for the information system architecture.
- Determine the relevant security requirements and support the system development around those requirements.
- Ensure the system, data, and information are properly documented and that the security design components are instilled in the system security measures.
- Review and assist as appropriate the system security architectures, standard operating procedures, protocols, and cybersecurity documentation.
- Consults on a variety of tasks that support Security and Risk Management, Asset Security, Communications and Network Security, Identity and Access Management, Security Assessments and Testing, Security Operations, Incident Management, Disaster Recovery Activities.
- Understand, apply, and enforce Software Security requirements.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Knowledge and Skills
- Promotes active listening with team members.
- Contributes appropriately to conversations
- Accurately prepares written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective, professional and engaging
- Ability to write effective stored procedures
- Possesses demonstrated work experience with more than one relational database management system from a .NET environment
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively meeting deadlines
- Displays follow through with commitments and fosters mutual trust with fellow employees
- Assumes additional responsibility without being asked
- Encourages fellow team members to make innovative contributions and embrace new ideas
- Demonstrates the ability to cooperate with a variety of people and achieve results
- Trains team members on technologies and practices they are not familiar with
- Acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions
- Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies
- Mentors those with less experience through informal channels
- Seeks and participates in development opportunities above and beyond required training
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively
- Actively contributes to corporate knowledge base
- Artificial Intelligence: experience with predictive analytics, etc.
Required Education and/or Experience:
Requires a bachelor's degree in software development (or equivalent) and at least ten (10) years of experience in the field or in a related area.