Java Developer at GBSI
Essential Job Functions
- Codes, tests, debugs, implements, and documents highly complex programs. Develops complex test plans to verify logic of new or modified programs.
- Designs systems and programs to meet highly complex business needs. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs are developed and coded. Creates appropriate documentation in work assignments such as program code, and technical documentation. Identifies issues, recommends document changes and implements same.
- Gathers information from existing systems, analyzes program and time requirements. Prepares time estimates and justifications for assigned tasks and provides recommendations to project managers.
- Supports project personnel in resolving fairly complex program problems. Works with client and management to resolve issues and validate programming requirements within their areas of responsibility. Provides technical advice on complex programming.
- May serve as technical project lead; provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel. Conducts quality assurance activities such as peer reviews. Provides recommendations and revisions to programs and documents.
- Develops work plans and work estimates for large scope projects.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Four or more years of programming or testing experience
- Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems and software
- Experience working with relational databases to facilitate programming software
- 4+ years of J2EE, JPA, Hibernate, Rich Faces, JBoss SEam, JBoss Application Server, XHTML, Eclipse, AJAX
- Experience in one or more of the following:
- Position is located on-site in Pensacola, FL (no telecommuting)
- Strong skills in programming
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of programs
- Good leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
- Good interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- Communication skills to work effectively with team members, support personnel, and clients
- Ability to work as part of team and independently
Global Business Solutions, Inc., established in 1995, offers customers a distinctive blend of information technology capabilities, education and training services, and information assurance solutions. Managed by a team of executive leaders experienced in the field of information technology and training services within the industry and government, GBSI prides itself on exceeding expectations. Our award-winning solutions give clients the support tools needed to successfully deliver in evolving environments with confidence.
Come and see some of the most beautiful beaches in the world at Perdido Key and Pensacola Beach, where blue skies, emerald-green water and swaying sea oats provide the perfect backdrop for your Florida vacation.
In downtown Pensacola, we have over 450 years of history to share. Stroll from our downtown plaza honoring Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. to Plaza de Luna with its sweeping views of Pensacola Bay.
From the beaches and Bay Area attractions to dining and nightlife, the Pensacola area has something for every interest.