IT System Administrator/Coordinator
Univeristy of West Florida - Pensacola Campus
The College of Science, Engineering and Health (CSEH) and the Department of Computer Science and at The University of West Florida invites applications for a Systems Administrator/IT System Administrator Coordinator position. The successful candidate will work closely with faculty, staff, and students in CSEH and in the Department of Computer Science. The individual must be energetic and self-motivated, willing and eager to learn about, apply, and troubleshoot new technologies and work in a heavily diverse heterogeneous and evolving information technology environment. The individual must be willing to supervise student assistants to help with the setup and maintenance of computing labs and the evaluation of software and hardware for research and teaching purposes.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Bachelor in IT with a minimum of 3 years of job experience.
- Strong familiarity with Windows and Linux server technology and virtualization technologies including CentOS, Windows Server 2012, Active Directory, VMware VSphere, VMware Workstation, Microsoft Hyper-V, etc.
- Strong skills with installing and maintaining commercial and public domain software.
- Familiarity with hardware maintenance and evaluating and recommending and/or negotiating specific hardware purchases.
- Familiarity with industry security standards and audits (PCI compliance audits) and computer security and privacy legislative requirements (HIPPA, SOX).
- Experience with developing secure infrastructure and hardening systems.
- Familiarity with responsible reporting practices and enforcing comprehensive security plans (e.g., physical access, network and system security, application security).
- Proficiency in common scripting languages such as PHP, Python, or Perl is required. Other programming skills will be looked upon favorably.
- Experience with working in 24/7 mission critical networking and computing environments such as a data center is a plus.
- Prior work experience in a heavily diverse heterogeneous environment is a plus.
- Industry Certifications such as CCNA, CCENT, MTA, MCP, Security+ is a plus.
Apply online at https://jobs.uwf.edu
Applicants should be prepared to attach a cover letter and resume to the online application. Salary is commensurate with experience. The University of West Florida (UWF) is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action employer. A criminal background check is required for the successful candidate. Pursuant to provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, any person requiring special accommodations to apply is requested to advise UWF by contacting the UWF Human Resources Department at 1-850-474-2694 (Voice) or 1-850-857-6114 (TTY). For the complete announcement and position description, including qualifications and experience, please see our website: https://jobs.uwf.edu. The position closing date is October 15, 2014. Position ID 122120.
Come and see some of the most beautiful beaches in the world at Perdido Key and Pensacola Beach, where blue skies, emerald-green water and swaying sea oats provide the perfect backdrop for your Florida vacation.
In downtown Pensacola, we have over 450 years of history to share. Stroll from our downtown plaza honoring Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. to Plaza de Luna with its sweeping views of Pensacola Bay.
From the beaches and Bay Area attractions to dining and nightlife, the Pensacola area has something for every interest.