Coordinator - Web Content Strategist
The Web Content Strategist is responsible for assessing content opportunities to achieve measurable strategic goals by maximizing the impact of onsite and offsite institutional digital content.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Research, create and maintain a search optimization plan for the university website and associated online properties.
- Develop an annual content strategy document for top-tier and priority campus organizations’ web sections.
- Regularly assess, catalogue, and organize web content (content inventory).
- Manage, monitor and facilitate new content development (content matrix).
- Develop and maintain a competitive site analysis / Gap analysis.
- Write content and monitor/edit content written by others.
- Monitor, maintain, and enforce professional editorial style guidelines.
- Define the editorial workflow for projects.
- Conduct content workshops. Speak, present and mentor content managers on content strategy.
- Work with search marketing vendors when available.
- Provide content manager training and web support.
- Provide emergency web communication support.
The Web Content Strategist reports to the Director of Web Services in concert with the University Marketing and Communications team and directors.
Master's degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience.
Description of Job Duty: Provide content strategy development, monitoring and reporting. Research and develop recommendations for search optimization strategies to increase visibility of and access to the universityÂ¿s website as part of the UWF Integrated Marketing Communications plan. Assist with the development of UWF web governance policies and procedures among all areas of the university web presence. Confirm that web properties meet the established UWF brand standards, editorial guidelines as well as ITS-related requirements. Provide web and CMS support to campus content providers and web developers. Assist with on-going training needs, communications and resources for campus website administrators related to the web environment. Provide emergency web communication support.
Candidates must apply online through the University of West Florida website: https://jobs.uwf.edu.
Applicants are required to attach a cover letter, resume (web link(s) to work samples required), writing sample, portfolio, and list of three professional references with contact information.
An opportunity to upload these documents will be provided during the application process.
For assistance, please contact Human Resources at 850-474-2694 or email email@example.com.
Come and see some of the most beautiful beaches in the world at Perdido Key and Pensacola Beach, where blue skies, emerald-green water and swaying sea oats provide the perfect backdrop for your Florida vacation.
In downtown Pensacola, we have over 450 years of history to share. Stroll from our downtown plaza honoring Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. to Plaza de Luna with its sweeping views of Pensacola Bay.
From the beaches and Bay Area attractions to dining and nightlife, the Pensacola area has something for every interest.